- JTM Consulting, LLC et al. v. Fiba Tech Industries, Inc., No. 7:2017-cv-00210 (W.D.Va., Pending)
Represent plaintiff in federal declaratory judgment action raising issues of trademark validity, trademark infringement, and trademark dilution.
- Unimex Corp. v. Mendelson’s LLC, et al., No. CL00107895-00 (Loudoun Cnty. Cir. Ct., Pending)
Represent plaintiff in sale of goods transaction alleging breach of contract and fraud.
- Broadcast Music, Inc., et al. v. TSK Investments, LLC et al., No. 7:16-cv-00529-GEC (W.Va., Closed)
Defense of business establishment accused of copyright infringement for alleged unauthorized performance of popular music.
- Garner v. Rising Tide Media Group, LLC, No. 7:16-cv-00583-GEC (W.D.Va., closed Apr. 4, 2017)
Represented plaintiff in federal suit alleging copyright infringement of photograph included in mailer allegedly produced by defendant.
- Garner v. The Printing Express, Inc., No. 7:16-cv-00387 (W.D.Va., closed Mar. 13, 2017)
Represented plaintiff in federal suit alleging copyright infringement of photograph included in mass produced mailer.
- Garner v. The Republican Party of Virginia, Inc., No. 7:15-cv-00410 (W.D.Va., closed April 13, 2016)
Represented plaintiff in federal suit alleging copyright infringement of photograph included in mass produced mailer. Included substantial briefing on fair use and publication under United States Copyright Act.
- Garner v. Higgins, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 16761, 7:14-cv-00461-GEC (W.D.Va. Feb. 11, 2015)
Represented plaintiff in copyright infringement of photograph by blogger in online opinion article. Prevailed in written opinion on Defendant’s motion for summary judgment based on fair use.
- Automation Creations, Inc. v. 8 Rivers Capital, LLC et al., No. 7:14-cv-00063 (W.D.Va., closed May 19, 2014)
Represented Plaintiff in suit removed to federal court alleging claims for breach of contract of software development contract.
- Kepa, Inc. v. Va. Dept. of Health, 62 Va. App. 614, 751 S.E.2d. 671 (2013) (en banc), rev’d by 289 Va. 131, 766 S.E.2d 884 (2015)
Represented hookah lounge in challenge to Virginia Indoor Clean Air Act as applied to it. Obtained rare en banc review by Court of Appeals of Virginia and won en banc. Subsequently reversed on further appeal by attorney general to Supreme Court of Virginia.