- IP ownership agreements. Protecting copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets begin with verifying that your business legally owns these assets. We have experience helping clients ensure ownership over materials produced by employees, independent contractors, and others.
- Copyright registration. A critical part of planning includes identifying and protecting copyrightable material. Although copyright registration is not required for protection, registration with the United States Copyright Office brings with it certain rights, including specific damages.
- Trademark registration. Your business’s brand serves as a source indicator to consumers. We help protect your brand by identifying protectable material, adjusting any branding to make it distinctive (and therefore protectable), and registering that material with the appropriate office.
- Intellectual property licensing. We have expertise in acquiring the rights clients need to us the protected materials of others. We have also assisted business clients in selling the rights they own through both exclusive and nonexclusive licenses.
With years as experienced intellectual property attorneys, our attorneys have helped businesses to plan, license, and protect their valuable intellectual property, including copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and patents. He has also represented clients in cases in both state and federal court, touching on copyright infringement, trademark infringement, and trade secret misappropriation.
- Copyright infringement suits. When someone copies your book, movie, artwork, computer software, or other creative expression, call on us to enforce your rights. We have litigated copyright infringement claims in federal court, and have confronted cases with complex issues like fair use and internet publication.
- Trademark infringement suits. You have spent time and money building your brand. Let us help you when a competitor uses a trademark in a confusingly similar manner; we have experience litigating trademark infringement cases.
- Trade secret protection and misappropriation actions. Trade secrets cover all kinds of valuable information subject to reasonable means of secrecy. Technical information such as client lists, processes, formulas, recipes, and more are protectable as trade secrets. We can help you protect this information and stop the misappropriation of trade secrets.
We help business of all kinds in the Commonwealth of Virginia, including technology firms, software companies, internet-based businesses, restaurants, retail shops, agricultural businesses, auto shops, and much more.
If you have a legal problem in your business, we are available.