- Business litigation. We provide legal advice, counseling, and representation in all manner of business litigation and commercial law. Our experience spans a large number of issues businesses face everyday in Virginia, including breach of contract, eminent domain, fraud, defamation (slander and libel), bank notes & negotiable instruments, sale of goods, and other civil disputes.
- Contract disputes. Through our business counseling practice, we help our clients understand and draft contracts to lessen the risks of litigation. When, litigation is unavoidable and when a lawsuit becomes reality, we help our clients understand their rights and obligations while advocating on their behalf in court. Learn more on the contract law practice page.
- Appeals. When the trial ends, it’s not over. Let us assist you with your civil appeal, including appeals to the Court of Appeals of Virginia, the Supreme Court of Virginia, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. We have argued before multiple appellate courts, and have previously obtained both grants of petition for appeal and reversals.
Our firm has experience handling all kinds of civil litigation in both state and federal court in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We focus our practice on business disputes, ranging from contract actions, to business torts, to intellectual property disputes. We also help individuals with civil lawsuits involving things like non-compete agreements, fraud, and homeowners restrictive covenants.
- Fraud and Virginia Consumer Protection Act claims. We have assisted clients with claims of fraud and Consumer Protection Act violations. These include claims of faulty home construction, fraudulent sales of goods, and other matters.
- Homeowners rights. Homeowners Association (HOA) conditions, covenants, and restrictions sometimes require enforcement. We can assist homeowners, HOAs, and other planned community developments governed by the Virginia Property Owners Association Act.
- Other civil litigation. We can also help you with landlord-tenant disputes, property lawsuits, challenges to administrative action, and other kinds of civil litigation.
- Intellectual property infringement. We have experience with prosecuting and defending all kinds of intellectual property suits in both state and federal court. Learn more at our intellectual property practice page.
We help business of all kinds in the Commonwealth of Virginia, including technology firms, software companies, internet-based businesses, restaurants, retail shops, agricultural businesses, auto shops, and much more.
If you have a legal problem in your business, we are available.